SIMBEOR® Electromagnetic Signal Integrity SoftwareSimbeor is the industry-first measurement-validated electromagnetic signal integrity software for physical design of PCB and packaging interconnects for communication links operating at 6-100 Gb/s and beyond. Simbeor is the one-stop solution for all interconnect budget exploration (advanced stackup planning and pre-layout), design verification (post-layout), dielectric and conductor roughness models identification, and macro-modeling tasks.
Simbeor is a versatile and capable tool for a signal integrity practitioner to design predictable interconnects.
Simbeor fits into any interconnect design flow.
Simbeor interfaces are easy-to-learn and easy-to-use.
Simbeor application notes demonstrate typical problems solved with Simbeor.
Technical presentations provide more details on what signal degradation effects can be simulated with Simbeor solvers.
Simbeor Application Domains
- Simulation-based advanced Electrical Rule Checking (ERC);
- Pre-layout analysis and optimization of viaholes, component pads and complete links;
- Automated post-layout analysis with fast EM and 3D EM models;
- Compliance analysis without IBIS models: S-parameters, Losses, Reflections, Crosstalk, TDR/TDT, Pulse Response, Single Bit or Symbol Response (SBR or SSR), Eye Diagram;
- Solution space exploration and machine learning applications (Simbeor SDK);
- Dielectric and conductor roughness model identification;
- Standard Compliance Metrics (IL, RL, ILD, PSXT, MDXT, ICR, ICN) – Simbeor Only;
- Channel Operating Margin (COM) – Simbeor + Matlab;
- Bit Error Rate (BER) with IBIS AMI – Simbeor + one of the following tools: PyBERT (free); Matlab + Signal Integrity Toolkit (the most comprehensive and cost-efficient); KeySight ADS Core + HSD Ckt Sim (most versatile); Siemens HyperLinx LineSim with IBIS AMI; Synopsys HSPICE;…
- Delay, Reflections, Links similarity - Simbeor Only
- Analysis with IBIS models -Simbeor with one of the following tools : Matlab + SI Toolkit; KeySight ADS Core + Mem. Designer; Siemens HyperLynx LineSim; Synopsys HSPICE …
- Planar strip-type, slot-type and hybrid transmission lines, periodic structures and discontinuities;
- Filters, dividers/combiners, directional couplers, switchers, attenuators,...;
- Passive elements of amplifiers and oscillators such as inductors, capacitors, resistors,...;
- Planar antennas;
- Successfully validated with measurements from 10 KHz to 50 GHz
- Simbeor 3DML™ - full-wave 3D analysis tool for multi-layered geometries:
Hybrid solver - Method of Lines + Trefftz Finite Elements + Method of Simultaneous Diagonalization (de-embedding);
Analysis of discontinuities and transmission lines with high-frequency (non-TEM) dispersion and anisotropy (any planar cross-section);
- Simbeor 3DTF™ - first full-wave 3D analysis tool based on Trefftz Finite Elements (aka Ultra-Weak Discontinuous Galerkin's Wave Elements);
- Simbeor SFS™ - unique quasi-static field solver for large t-line cross-sections (any planar cross-section):
MoM, supports all dispersive isotropic material and conductor roughness models;
- Linear Network Solvers - unique port-based circuit analysis with 7 solvers for frequency and time domain analyses of multiport networks based on Y or S-parameters (with sparse solvers for extremely large multiport networks), capabilities to extract GMS-parameters, test fixture S-parameters and deembed test fixture;
- Rational Compactor™ - converts discrete S-parameter models into frequency-continuous rational macro-models for consistent frequency and time domain analyses;
Simbeor Tools and Interfaces:
- Board Analyzer™ - post-layout decompositional electromagnetic analysis with automation;
- Transmission Line Wizard - fast synthesis of any single-ended and differential line geometries (strip, micro-strip, CPW, CBCPW,...);
- Via Analyzer™ - fast synthesis of via-holes and launches geometry;
- Touchstone Analyzer™ - S-parameters plotting, quality assurance and rational macro-modeling;
- Geometry Editor - pre and post-layout analyses of multi-layered circuits;
- Linear Network Editor - draw or edit multiport networks (link path models);
- SiTune™ - material models, geometry and linear network optimization;
- Board Geometry Translators - ODB++, HyperLynx hyp-file, Allegro brd/mcm;
- Violation Browser™ - violation viewer for EMSAT rule checker;
- Eye Analyzer™ - computation of eye diagram metrics and comparison of eye diagrams;
- ICN Analyzer™ - computation of Integrated Crosstalk Noise and quck comparison with compliance mask;
- Interactive Graphs - plot transmission line modal and RLGC(f) parameters, S-parameters, 10G and 25G compliance metrics, TDR/TDT, eye diagram;
- Simbeor SDK - C/Matlab/Python interface for all solvers and tools for pre-layout analysis automation and Machine Learning applications;
More detailed overviews of Simbeor are available in Downloads/Presentation area.